Think you have what it takes to be the Ultimate Diver for Season 3?
Do you have dive skills, control and efficiency that can assist your team at earning the title of "The Ultimate Diver Team?" Buoyancy-Navigation-Diver Rescue-Search-Recovery-Dive Planning-Equipment Repair-Fish Identification-Underwater Mapping-and more!
Registration Fees for Challengers Include: Refer to Registration Application for Associated Fees
- Land/Beach/Water Challenges with trips/products/equipment
- Tanks & Weights at the challenge site & boat fees if in the top ten
- Opening, Mid Week & Closing Ceremony
- Photography Contest
- Welcome Kit
The following eligibility requirements must be met in order to proceed with the application process.
- You must submit your completed application to Ultimate Diver Challenge, LLC no later than May 1, 2014.
- You must be willing to travel to Palm Beach County, Florida for scheduled challenges that begin on June 14, 2014 and stay through June 30, 2014. *Dates Subject to change*
- Participants are responsible for air, and fun diving expenses. Packages and Group discounts are available for non-competing participants, and must be booked through Ultimate Diver Challenge.
- Check the web site frequently for package options and updates.
- Challengers must be willing to compete in underwater challenges testing your basic scuba skills with a dive buddy.
- The top five dive teams will be awarded participation to the finals. The top divers will compete individually to determine The Ultimate Diver.
- You must be 18 years of age at the time of the event to compete.
- Applications must also include a $1750.00 participation entry fee if postmarked no later than April 15, 2014. After April 16, 2014, entry fees will be $1900 per dive participant. Non-Competing Fun Diver registration fee is $75.00 plus accomodation fees. For questions about fees contact Ultimate Diver Challenge.
- Dive participants must have met the minimum requirements of Advanced Open Water certification. Divers are encouraged to have exposure to additional training as recommended by your dive shop. Skills evaluated will include navigation, buoyancy control, search, stress and rescue, limited visibility, fish (sea life) identification and any knowledge needed to maintain safe recreational diving.
- Divers are responsible for providing their own dive equipment. Tanks and weights will be provided. In addition to standard diving equipment, divers must provide their own dive computer, compass, slate, knife, dive light, signaling device, safety sausage, booties appropriate for open heel fins, gloves.
- Divers are responsible for taxi fees and transfers to and from dive challenge sites and entertainment parties. Discounted car rentals will be available to and from dive challenges sites and entertainment parties. Divers are also responsible for arriving to the dive challenges at scheduled times and understand that late arrivals indicate immediate disqualification.
- You must be in excellent physical and mental health. Dive participants must sign medical release, event and talent release waivers. Any medical concerns related to health fitness will need additional doctor releases.
- Divers grant their full permission for organizers to use photographs and/or video taken of them during the event.
- All participants must have valid copies of your certification card and dive insurance cards. These are required.
- Required Documents: certification cards, medical and event waivers, and proof of current dive insurance. Dive Assure and DAN have agreed that dive policies with their company will allow you to participate in the challenges and have coverages. Your Dive Insurance policy must include travel/trip insurance to include an inclement weather coverage or you must sign a waiver declining this option. Divers clearly understand that UDC is not responsible for refunding entry fees and/or travel expenses due to inclement weather cancellations.
- Ultimate Diver Challenge reserves the right to make changes to the event schedule and the right to change the terms of the application at any time. Applicants will receive updated emails providing information about changes and progression for the Ultimate Diver Challenge event.
- Divers recognize that although this is a competition, that safety and recreational guidelines will be enforced at all times. Any violation of the rules will result in disqualification.